This course is designed to teach students the new features and enhanced functions provided in z/OS Version 2 Release 2. The software updates and enhancements for z/OS V2R2 are presented in groups based on closely associated z/OS components. The groups include enhancements to the base control program, sysplex features, UNIX System Services, the data storage subsystem, Communications Server, and security components, such as RACF. Finally, the installation and migration issues relating to installation of z/OS V2.2 are discussed, as well as the z/OS V2.2 exploitation of some of the unique features of the IBM system z13..
z OS 2.2 Update
- Knowledge of z/OS at the level of a z/OS system programmer, acquired on the job or through the z/OS curriculum.
- Warning: This class only covers changes packaged in z/OS V2.2 and expects students to be familiar with the contents of the z/OS V2R1 and previous system upgrades. For students who have knowledge or experience based on lower levels of z/OS, you should first attend:
- ESC5: z/OS V1R12 to z/OS V1R13 Update (which brings skill level up to z/OS V1R13)
- ESC6: z/OS V1R13 to z/OS V2R1 Update (which brings skill level up to z/OS V2R1)
- List the main enhancements in z/OS V2R2
- Describe and implement, where necessary, the other enhancements packaged with z/OS V2.2 including:
- Software support for z13 hardware upgrades.
- The BCP includes the I/O configuration program (IOCP), the Workload Manager (WLM), System Management Facilities (SMF), HCD/HCM, the program management binder, Language Environment, Global resource serialization, z/OS sysplex, cross-system coupling facility (XCF), Coupling Facility Resource Manager (CFRM), SFM, system Logger) and other components like BCPii, z/OS Resource Measurement Facility (RMF) and z/OS Job Entry Subsystem 2 (JES2), JES3, SDSF, z/OS Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF), time-sharing option (TSO), REXX.
- z/OS Management Facility (zOSMF) and Web enablement.
- The USS kernel, USS shell, and related file system services.
- Data storage management which includes Extended Address
- Volumes, DFSMSdfp, DFSMSdss, and DFSMShsm.
- Communications Server which includes features of the TCP/IP
- address space, general IP, and SNA modernization.
- System security - RACF.
- Plan for and install the z/OS V2.2 system .
- Exploit the z13 new hardware features.
- Unit 1: Enhancements to the BCP (part 1)
- Unit 1: Enhancements to the BCP (part 2)
- Unit 2: Enhancements to z/OSMF and Web enablement
- Unit 3: Enhancements to the UNIX System Services environment
- Unit 4: Enhancements to z/OS data storage management
- Unit 5: Enhancements to Communications Server
- Unit 6: Enhancements to z/OS system security
- Unit 7: Installation of z/OS V2R2 and SMP/E
- Unit 8: z/OS 2.2 and the IBM z13 support
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning