In this course, you learn how to define automation policy for the IBM® Tivoli® System Automation for z/OS® components of system operations, including the Automation Manager and the Automation Agent. You learn, for example, how to create policy definitions for systems, Applications, Application Groups, and monitor resources. The SA z/OS Automation Manager and Automation Agent both run in a z/OS 1.11 system environment with Tivoli® NetView for z/OS V5R4. This training class is provided in a classroom environment with multiple opportunities for hands-on lab exercises. You define automation policy for several environments: single system and multiple system within a basic sysplex.
IBM Tivoli System Automation for zOS 3 4 Implementation and Administration
You should have the following skills:
- Basic ISPF use
- Basic System Automation for z/OS concepts and operations
- Some understanding of IBM Tivoli Monitoring architecture and OMEGAMON® monitors and exceptions
- Basic z/OS operations and started task concepts
- JCL coding and z/OS data set allocation
- Explain the steps required to install and customize System Automation for z/OS
- Describe the coexistence and migration issues for existing releases
- Describe the customization of the z/OS system and NetView to prepare for System Automation for z/OS installation and customization
- Build and implement the required System Automation for z/OS automation configuration files from the Policy Data Base
- Customize the System Automation for z/OS Policy Data Base for goal-oriented operations of applications and application groups in a single system and a basic sysplex
- Use the System Automation for z/OS operator interface to display the status of and manage automated resources
- Customize the SDF component of System Automation for z/OS.
- Navigate and verify SDF panels.
- Installation and customization
- Customization dialogs and Policy Data Base
- Defining applications and building automation configuration files
- Additional customization for System Automation for z/OS
- System Automation for z/OS initialization and runmodes
- Status Display Facility
- Defining Application Groups
- Centralized operations
- Performance-based automation with OMEGAMON
- Migration and coexistence
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning