To learn the DS8000 storage subsystem and its hardware components and logical structure. The students configure the DS8000 storage subsystem using a DS8000 Storage Manager GUI and review the DS CLI interface for scripting configuration functions.
IBM DS8000 Implementation Workshop for System z
This course is for Information Technology (IT) storage administrators responsible for the implementation of storage resources in an SAN environment with hardware solutions and operating systems.
- Complete Introduction to Data Storage Subsystems (SS05G)
- Complete Storage Management Fundamentals (SS06AGB)
- Have an understanding of DASD and date sets and how client hosts access data directly or through FICON channels
- Describe the hardware components of the IBM TotalStorage DS8000
- Describe the architecture of the IBM TotalStorage DS8000
- Describe the terminology and virtualization concepts for DS8000
- Describe the DS CLI interface installation and setup
- Describe the DS CLI interface commands and how to use them
- Describe the SSPC installation and setup
- Describe the DS Storage Management GUI interface installation and setup
- Describe the DS Storage Management GUI and how to use the panels to configure the DS8000 subsystem
- Describe the use and configuration of LPARs in the DS8000
- Describe the zSeries host attachment considerations for the DS8000
- Describe the DS8000 Copy Services interfaces
- Describe performance and tuning for DS8000
- Describe the use of TPC for the DS8000
- Unit 1 - Unit 7
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning