QRadar SIEM provides deep visibility into network, user, and application activity. It provides collection, normalization, correlation, and secure storage of events, flows, assets, and vulnerabilities. Suspected attacks and policy breaches are highlighted as offenses. In this course, you learn to navigate the user interface and how to investigate offenses. You search and analyze the information from which QRadar SIEM concluded a suspicious activity. Hands-on exercises reinforce the skills learned.
IBM Security QRadar SIEM Foundations
This basic course is suitable for security analysts, security technical architects, offense managers, network administrators, and system administrators.
You must have:
- Basic TCP/IP networking skills
- System administration knowledge
- Basic information security skills
- Describe the purpose and capabilities of the QRadar SIEM licensed program
- Describe how QRadar SIEM collects data and performs vulnerability assessment
- Learn how to navigate and customize the dashboard tab
- Learn how to investigate the information contained in an offense and respond to an offense
- Learn how to find, filter, and group events in order to gain critical insights about the offense
- Learn how to create and edit a search that monitors the events of suspicious hosts
- Learn how asset profiles are created and updated, and how to use them as part of an offense investigation
- Learn how to investigate the flows that contribute to an offense, create and tune false positives, and investigate superflows
- Learn how to find custom rules in the QRadar SIEM console, assign actions and responses to the rule, and how to configure rules
- Learn how to use charts and apply advanced filters to examine specific activities in your environment
- Unit 1: Introduction to IBM Security QRadar SIEM
- Unit 2: How QRadar SIEM collects security data
- Unit 3: Using the QRadar SIEM Dashboard
- Unit 4: Investigating an offense that is triggered by events
- Unit 5: Investigating the events of an offense
- Unit 6: Using asset profiles to investigate offenses
- Unit 7: Investigating an offense that is triggered by flows
- Unit 8: Using rules and building blocks
- Unit 9: Creating QRadar SIEM reports
- Unit 10: Performing advanced filtering
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning