A comprehensive exposure to some of the advanced features and functions of the language for experienced RPG IV programmers. Power-programming for the discerning!
RPG IV Programming Advanced Workshop for IBM i
Before attending this course, the student should be able to:
- Code subfile-processing programs in RPG IV
- Employ error-handling features of the RPG IV language.
- Describe the basic concepts of ILE and modular program design.
- Use free-format coding techniques
- Write date-processing routines which employ built-in functions
These skills can be developed by attending the following courses:
- AS06 - iSeries RPG IV Programming - Fundamentals
- AS07 - iSeries RPG IV Programming - Intermediate
Alternatively, experienced RPG/400 programmers should have attended the course:
- OE85 - Moving to the RPG IV Programming Language
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Use address pointers and user spaces in RPG IV programs
- Write database triggers in RPG IV
- Develop ILE modular objects and package them in service programs
- Explain the purpose of ILE Activation Groups
- Explain the behavior of Error Handling and Percolation in ILE
- Code an ILE Error Handling program
- Call iSeries APIs from RPG IV programs
- Describe how to use CGI in RPG IV for web applications
The course includes the following Topics:
- Basic API Programming
- RPG IV Features
- Leveraging DB2 UDB Database Features
- Advanced ILE Topics
- ILE Error Handling and Condition Handlers
- ILE CEE API Programming
- Basic Web Enablement
- Other RPG IV Compiler Features
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning