This intermediate course is for experienced AIX system administrators and support personnel who will be responsible for the administration, maintenance, and implementation of PowerHA SystemMirror clusters on IBM Power p systems running AIX. This audience will include:
- Students who want to learn to work with the PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1 for AIX
- Students who want to learn about how to implement PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX in complex configurations
- Technical leaders responsible for designing PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX clustering solutions
Important: This course is not suitable for students that do not have prior knowledge of AIX or PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX and want to go from novice to expert in five days.
You should have experience with installing and performing standard PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX configuration functions, which can be obtained through the following course (or equivalent experience):
- PowerHA SystemMirror 7 Planning, Implementing, Customizing and Administrating (AN61AGB)
Note: AN61 is a mandatory prerequisite.
You should also be familiar with:
- The AIX operating system
- The IBM server hardware that they are using
- The principles of good system management
- TCP/IP communications concepts and tools, as covered in Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12GB) or AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (AN14GB) briefly (or in TCPIP for AIX Administrators (AN21GB) extensively)
- Logical Volume Manager (LVM) concepts and configuration, as covered in Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12GB) or AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (AN14GB)
- Good Korn Shell script programming