This course is designed to prepare students to install and configure a highly available cluster using PowerHA SystemMirror. This course should be followed by PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1: Customization and Basic Administration (AN68G).
PowerHA SystemMirror 7 1 Planning and Implementation
You should be an AIX system administrators and have TCP/IP, LVM storage, and disk hardware implementation skills. These skills are addressed in the following course or can be obtained through equivalent education and experience TCP/IP for AIX Administration (AN21G).
Who should attend?
This course is for students who are experienced AIX system administrators with TCP/IP networking and AIX Logical Volume Manager (LVM) experience who are responsible for the planning and installation of a PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1 and later cluster on an IBM Power Systems server running AIX 6.1 or later. The lab exercises are conducted on an AIX 7.1 TL2 -level system.
- Explain what high availability is
- Outline the capabilities of PowerHA SystemMirror
- Design and plan a highly available PowerHA cluster
- Install and configure PowerHA SystemMirror in the following configuration:
- Single resource group on a primary node and a standby node (active/passive)
- Configure resource group startup, fallover, and fallback policies
- Unit 1: Introduction to PowerHA SystemMirror
- Unit 2: Planning and configuring network and storage for PowerHA SystemMirror
- Exercise 1: Lab setup, cluster planning, and exploring fallover Exercise 2: Preparing the AIX environment for PowerHA SystemMirror
- Unit 3: Configuring applications for PowerHA SystemMirror
- Unit 4: Configuring a PowerHA SystemMirror cluster
- Exercise 3: Preparing an application for integration with SystemMirror Exercise 4: Initial cluster configuration
- Unit 5: PowerHA SystemMirror installation
- Exercise 5: Install and maintain PowerHA SystemMirror
- Open lab
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
We have 1 courses available across 1 locations on 1 different dates
EastCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
London1 Location / 1 courseView dates
MidlandsCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
NorthCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
ScotlandCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
SouthCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
Attend from AnywhereCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
All locations1 Location / 1 courseView dates
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning