This course is designed to teach the installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux on Power 7 servers. Class activities include installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting Linux in a native system environment.
Power Systems running Linux Getting started
You should have a basic background in systems administration and/or troubleshooting.
No previous courseware is required.
- Recognize different execution environments that each Linux distribution runs on for POWER processor-based systems
- Install a given Linux distribution within a native system environment
- Configure a given Linux distribution within a native system environment
- Manage a given Linux distribution within a native system environment
- Locate and utilize IBM Service and Productivity tools
- Navigate Open Firmware subsystem
- Customize the configuration of the yaboot boot loader
- Access rescue mode on a Linux distribution
- Unit 1 - PowerLinux introduction
- Exercise 1 - Introduction to lab environment
- Unit 2 - PowerVM
- Exercise 2 - PowerVM operations
- Unit 3 - Utilizing Open Firmware
- Exercise 3 - Open Firmware operations
- Unit 4 - Installing Linux on Power
- Exercise 4 - Installing Linux
- Unit 5 - Power systems device management
- Exercise 5 - Managing Power systems devices
- Unit 6 - Boot loader configuration
- Exercise 6 - Configuring yaboot
- Unit 7 - Rescue mode
- Exercise 7 - Accessing rescue mode
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0345 074 7998 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning