This course provides an overview of In-Memory computing, SAP HANA, Linux on Power and SAP HANA On Power. It explains the basics of IBM Power8 Servers, PowerVM and virtualization fundamentals, Linux on Power. Covers basics of SAP HANA, pre-requisite listing, SUSE Linux installation and tuning as per best practices. Also covers HANA on Power (HoP) installation concepts, HANA sizing, High Availability and Disaster Recover (HADR) setup configuration and deployment. Health check and migration from Intel to Power are discussed as well. Labs are demos explained by the instructor.
Implementing SAP HANA on IBM Power Systems
Students should have basic understanding of concepts associated with SAP HANA, IBM Power Systems and Linux
- Discuss the concepts of In-Memory computing
- Understand SAP HANA
- Discuss the basics of IBM Power Systems
- Install and configure Linux on IBM Power Systems
- Install SAP HANA on Power
- Configure and setup HA and DR for HANA on Power.
- Install and execute HANA Hardware Compatibility Check Tool (HWCCT)
- Understand and list requirements for HANA Migration from Intel to Power
- Unit 1 - Introduction to in-memory computing and SAP HANA
- Unit 2 - Recap on PowerVM fundamentals
- Unit 3 - HANA on Power prerequisites and supported configurations
- Exercise 3 - Review relevant URL's and Documentation
- Unit 4 - SUSE Linux installation for HANA on Power
- Exercise 4 - SUSE Linux installation demo
- Unit 5 - Environment setup for HoP and SUSE Linux tuning
- Exercise 5 - Environment setup and SUSE Linux tuning - best practice
- Unit 6 - Hardware Configure Check Tool (HWCCT)
- Exercise 6 - HWCCT installation and execution
- Unit 7 - HANA on Power (HoP) installation concepts
- Exercise 7 - HoP installation demo
- Unit 8 - HA and DR for HoP overview
- Course review and evaluations
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning