This course introduces you to basic concepts that provide the foundation for IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 and IBM Lotus Notes 8.5, and it is the point of entry to the entire core system administration curriculum. This course covers the foundational knowledge needed to perform basic administrative tasks in a Lotus Domino 8.5 infrastructure. This course does not cover how to install, configure, maintain, or troubleshoot a Lotus Domino 8.5 infrastructure.
IBM Lotus Domino 8 5 System Administration Fundamentals
The target audience for this course is current network or mail system administrators who are new to the Lotus Domino 8.5 system administration, but have some experience using the Lotus Notes 8.5 client, and who need to acquire a foundational knowledge and working experience with the Lotus Domino 8.5 administration tools.
The prerequisites for this course include previous experience as a network administrator or mail system administrator, and experience using the Lotus Notes 8.5 client.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe the structural components of the IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 Environment
- Perform basic IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 administration
- Manage IBM Lotus Notes and IBM Lotus Domino security
- Describe Domino mail routing and mail routing topologies
- Describe Lotus Domino replication and replication topologies
- Identify services and options that you can use to extend and enhance the functionality of the Lotus Domino environment
- Topic 1A: Examining the IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 Architecture
- Topic 1B: Investigating IBM Lotus Domino Applications
- Topic 1C: Exploring IBM Lotus Domino Server Functionality
Lesson 2: Performing Basic Administration Tasks
- Topic 2A: Starting IBM Lotus Domino Administrator
- Topic 2B: Using Online Help
- Topic 2C: Navigating in IBM Lotus Domino Administrator
- Topic 2D: Setting Administration Preferences
- Topic 2E: Introduction to Policies
Lesson 3: Examining IBM Lotus Notes and IBM Lotus Domino Security
- Topic 3A: Identifying IBM Lotus Domino Security Components
- Topic 3B: Designing a Hierarchical Naming Scheme
- Topic 3C: Authenticating with IBM Lotus Domino Servers
- Topic 3D: Controlling Access to Resources
- Topic 3E: Determining Database Access Levels
- Topic 3F: Determining Workstation Security Levels
Lesson 4: Examining IBM Lotus Domino Mail Routing
- Topic 4A: Introducing IBM Lotus Domino Messaging
- Topic 4B: Designing a Mail Routing Topology
Lesson 5: Examining IBM Lotus Domino Replication
- Topic 5A: Introducing IBM Lotus Domino Replication
- Topic 5B: Designing a Replication Strategy
Lesson 6: Extending the IBM Lotus Domino Environment
- Topic 6A: Selecting Additional IBM Lotus Domino Services
- Topic 6B: Implementing IBM Lotus Domino Scalability Features
- Topic 6C: Integrating Other IBM Products
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning