In this course, you will learn to create and modify database applications using IBM Lotus Domino Designer 8.5.1. This course provides an overview of the Lotus Domino 8.5.1 and Domino Designer 8.5.1 environments, introduces the elements and skills used to create single-database Domino applications, describes how you can use the Formula language and XPages to enhance the functionality of a Domino application, and explains how you can securely deploy Domino applications.
Fundamentals of IBM Lotus Domino 8 5 1 Application Development
You should have:
- Experience using the IBM Lotus Notes client, Web browser, or both, to access applications.
Experience in developing one or more applications using other application development tools is recommended.
Who Should Attend?
This is a basic course is for application developers new to Lotus Domino Designer 8.5.1 that will develop applications for Lotus Notes and Web clients.
You will be able to use the features, functions, and procedures in Lotus Domino Designer 8.5.1 to:
- Explore the foundation of Lotus Domino applications
- Navigate the Lotus Domino Designer 8.5.1 design environment
- Create applications
- Generate pages
- Build forms
- Construct views
- Examine the fundamentals of writing formulas in Lotus Domino
- Add functionality to forms by using formulas
- Insert functionality into views by using formulas
- Enhance the appearance and functionality of forms
- Enhance the appearance and functionality of views
- Use actions to automate tasks
- Create and design XPages
- Work with custom controls
- Move from forms to XPages
- Work with agents to automate tasks
- Plan and apply security for Lotus Domino applications
- Deploy an application
- Lesson 1: Exploring applications in IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.1
- Lesson 2: Navigating the IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.1 design environment
- Lesson 3: Creating applications
- Lesson 4: Generating pages
- Lesson 5: Building forms
- Lesson 6: Constructing views
- Lesson 7: Introducing formulas
- Lesson 8: Using formulas in forms
- Lesson 9: Using formulas in views
- Lesson 10: Enhancing forms
- Lesson 11: Enhancing views
- Lesson 12: Working with actions
- Lesson 13: Creating XPages
- Lesson 14: Working with custom controls
- Lesson 15: Enhancing XPages
- Lesson 16: Working with agents
- Lesson 17: Securing applications
- Lesson 18: Deploying applications
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning