In this course, students will learn the basic concepts of data management within Informix. They will learn how to determine correct data types; how to create, manage, and maintain tables and indexes; how the Informix optimizer works; how to manage data; and how to use the SET EXPLAIN feature to determine query effectiveness.
Informix 11 7 Database Administration
The student should have a working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for Informix Administrators, Database Administrators, and Application Developers.
- Select the Informix data types appropriate for storing your data
- Create and maintain databases, tables, and indexes
- Estimate size and extent requirements for tables and indexes
- Create index strategies to improve performance
- Create and maintain table and index partitioning (fragmentation)
- Implement referential and entity integrity
- Manage database and table modes
- Manage violations logging
- Describe how the optimizer builds an optimal query plan
- Use the SET EXPLAIN feature to capture optimizer query plans
- Use directives and environment variables to influence the optimizer
- Optimize the query plan using UPDATE STATISTICS
- Manage end-user concurrency
- Use permissions and roles to manage data security
- Create and use views
- Manage smart large objects
- Create and manage triggers
- Introduction to Informix Terminology
- Informix Data Types
- Creating Databases and Tables
- Altering and Deleting Databases and Tables
- Create, Alter, and Drop Indexes
- Managing and Maintaining Indexes
- Table and Index Partitioning
- Maintaining Table and Index Partitioning
- Cost-based Query Optimizer
- Updating Statistics and Data Distributions
- Managing the Optimizer
- Referential and Entity Integrity
- Managing Constraints
- Modes and Violation Detection
- Concurrency Control
- Data Security
- Introduction to Stored Procedures
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning