This course teaches you to perform a complete installation of IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus 8.1. Through lectures and extensive hands-on exercises, you learn all the steps necessary to perform an installation, including hardware sizing, confirming software prerequisites, installation, creation of ObjectServers, installation of probes, installation of gateways, configuring high availability, and deploying historical event reporting. Throughout the course, you practice your knowledge through extensive hands-on exercises that emphasize the skills taught in the lectures. The lab environment for this course uses the Red Hat Linux platform.
IBM Tivoli Netcool OMNIbus 8 1 Installation and Configuration
Who should attend?
This intermediate-level course is for anyone responsible for the installation of IBM Netcool/OMNIbus 8.1.
You should have the following skills:
- Practical knowledge of UNIX and typical UNIX-based tools
- Practical knowledge of Network Fault Management
- Basic understanding of database concepts, including language constructs, database versus table versus column, triggers
- IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V8.1 User course or equivalent experience
Please refer to course overview for description information.
Basic Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus components and concepts
Installation prerequisites and planning
- Pre-installation planning
- Other considerations
- Netcool/OMNIbus core installation
- Pre-installation requirements
- Core installation
- Preliminary operation
- Netcool/OMNIbus Web GUI
- Installing Netcool/OMNIbus Web GUI
- Web GUI user features and functions
- Web GUI administrative features and functions
- Web GUI user authentication
- Basic ObjectServer administration
- Netcool/OMNIbus directory structure
- ObjectServer structure
- Administration overview
- Modifying the ObjectServer
- Tools and automations
- Introduction to ObjectServer SQL
- Desktop tools
- ObjectServer automations
- Common integrations
Optional probe features
Remote probe administration
- ObjectServer high availability
- Implementing high availability
- Gateway configuration
- Process control
- Visual Process Activity (PA)
- Event archiving
- Tivoli Common Reporting
- Gateway for JDBC
- Event reports
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning