This course prepares you to operate and administer the HP NonStop NS-series server. You are introduced to the architecture and basic software functionality, including Open System Management (OSM), TACL, and Subsystem Control Facility (SCF) for system, disk drive, tape drive, and communications lines monitoring. Functional command usage to monitor files and the system spooler are also covered. This five-day course is 80 percent lecture and 20 percent hands-on labs using HP servers.
HP NonStop NS-series Server Administration I
- Concepts and Facilities for NonStop Systems (U4147S) or
- At least 6 months operational experience on NonStop S-series servers
Who Should Attend?
- System operators
- System administrators
- System analysts
- Technical support analysts
- Be familiar with the NonStop NS-series server architecture, OSM, TACL, and SCF
- Describe the purpose and function of OLTP, query processing, decision support, and messaging systems
- Demonstrate the use of TACL, FUP, and SCF commands to monitor the server, files, disks, tapes, and communication lines
- Demonstrate how to view, modify, and correct system spooler and print job problems using PERUSE and SPOOLCOM
- Describe how to monitor and manage LAN and WAN environments
- Describe how to manage security, disks, tapes, processes, and applications
Benefits to You
Gain skills and knowledge needed to optimize NS-series servers so users experience smooth functioning IT operations
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0345 074 7998 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning