The HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course provides you with a comprehensive set of networking skills which will increase your knowledge of modern, open standard based networking technologies and solutions. Your knowledge and skills to successfully implement and validate small to medium enterprise network solutions will significantly increase after completing the HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course. In the course, you will be working on Comware and ProVision based switches in the lab exercises.
HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals (870186)
Prior to attending the HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals training you should take the following web-based trainings:
- Getting Started with HP Switching and Routing, Rev 13.31 (course ID 00731204)
- Getting Started with HP Wireless, Rev 13.31 (course ID 00731293)
The courses can be found in The Learning Center.
For those who need a refresh on certain networking topics, it is recommended that you watch one or more of the videos listed below:
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series - OSI Model, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764936)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series - Data Flows, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00765397)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series - IP Addressing, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00766100)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series - IP Subnetting, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764933)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series - TCP/UDP, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00765415)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series - VLANs, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764953)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series - Routing, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764946)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series - Spanning Tree, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764948)
IT Professionals who deploy small to medium enterprise network solutions based on HP prodcuts and technologies, including HP Reseller System Engineers, Customer IT Staff, HP System Engineers, and HP Services Field and Call Center Support Engineers.
- Perform basic configuration, access security and switch setup on HP switches
- Configure basic IP Routing with static and dynamic routing technologies (OSPF)
- Provide mobility solutions with the MSM wireless Access Points
- Explain HP's Converged Infrastructure strategy, including Virtual Connect (VC)
- HP0-Y49 - Applying HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals
- Explain HP's FlexNetwork Architecture
- Configure Layer 2 technologies such as STP, Link Aggregation and VLANs
- Configure HP Networking's network virtualization technology IRF
- Manage and monitor Networks with HP IMC network management software
HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals introduces network technicians to the basic features of modern networks such as VLAN's, redundancy technologies such as MSTP, link aggregation technologies like LACP, static and dynamic IP routing with OSPF, standalone Access Points (AP's), and network management with HP's Intelligent Management Center (IMC).
The course will cover a high level introduction to HP's Converged Infrastructure strategy and also network virtualization with HP's Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF). This course is approximately 50 percent lecture and learning activities and 50 percent lab activities. The HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course prepares candidates for the HP Accredited Technical Professional (ATP) - FlexNetwork Solutions V2 certification within the HP ExpertOne program.
What is new?
The HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course is a new course that combines the best of the HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals using Comware Software and HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals using ProVision Software courses. The new course brings both switch families together in a single fully integrated training.
Additionally the HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course introduces you to HP's FlexNetwork Architecture and a broader concept of networking not limited to switches, routers and AP's, as well as networking elements within HP servers such as Virtual Connect (VC).
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning