In this 3-day course, students will learn how to successfully manage HP Integrity BladeSystem servers with HP-UX. This course focuses on system administration components rather than hardware deployment. The course introduces the BladeSystem enclosure, BladeServer models, BladeStorage models, Interconnect modules, HP Onboard Administrator, HP Virtual Connect and network storage solutions. It then highlights the HP BladeSystem c-Class server management using HP Systems Insight Manager. The course is 60% lecture and 40% hands-on labs using HP Integrity systems.
HP Integrity BladeSystem Administration
- HP-UX System and Network Administration I & II (H3064S & H3065S) or
- HP-UX System and Network Administration for Experienced UNIX® System Administrators (H5875S) or
- Equivalent HP-UX administration experience
Experienced software administrators responsible for managing and monitoring HP BladeSystem with Integrity c-Class blade servers
- Discuss the management tools available for HP
- BladeSystem and Integrity server environments
- Discuss the architecture of the HP BladeSystem components and their benefits
- Use Integrated Lights Out (iLO2) on Integrity Server Blades
- Use the HP BladeSystem Onboard Administrator
- Monitor the environment with HP SIM and SMH
Introduction to HP c-Class BladeSystems
- What is a BladeSystem?
- HP Integrity Server BladeSystem Block Diagram
- c-Class Components
- Integrity Server Blades
- Storage Blades
- PCIe Expnsion Blades
- Integrated Lights-Out 2
Using Integrated Lights Out (iLO2) on Integrity Server Blades
- What is Integrated Lights Out?
- iLO 2 Features for Integrity Blades
- iLO 2 Configuration Requirements
- HP SIM Management Processor Tools
- HP SIM iLO 2 access
- Management Tabs
- Management Processor Interface of the iLO 2
- Event Logs
- Console Access from the MP
HP BladeSystems Onboard Administrator
- c-Class Enclosure Management from the Onboard Administrator
- Using the Insight Display
- Using the Onboard Administrator
- Rack Overview
- c-Class Server Blade Status
- Configuring the Onboard Administrator and the OA Command Line
HP Integrity Extensible Firmware Interface
- Integrity Firmware Architecture Overview
- EFI Menus
- The EFI Shell
Using Interconnects and Virtual Connect Manager
- What is an Interconnect?
- HP Virtual Connect Modules
- Virtual Connect Architecture
- Server Blade Failover with Virtual Connect
- Using Virtual Connect Manager
Using BladeSystem Integrated Manager Plug-In for HP SIM
- What is HP Systems Insight Manager?
- HP-UX HP SIM Installation & Basic Initialization
- c-Class Enclosures as the User's Home Page
- BladeSystem Associations
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning