This one day course covers how to install, manage, configure, and update the HP OneView Appliance. An architectural overview ensures a high level understanding of the associated managed equipment: BladeSystem enclosures, Virtual Connect components, ProLiant G7, Gen8 and Gen9, as well as G6 and rack-mounted monitoring.
HP OneView Quick Start
A basic understanding of hypervisor environments (VMware ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V) and familiarity with general networking terminology and basic network concepts.
- System Administrators, partners, engineers and consultants who will install and configure HP OneView Converged Management for the Software Defined Infrastructure.
- Existing HP Insight Control customers and partners who want to assess and implement HP OneView for the management and monitoring of HP Servers and HP Converged Infrastructure.
- Individuals seeking to evaluate HP OneView
- Operators seeking introduction to HP OneView capabilities for daily use
- Install and configure HP OneView on supported hardware.
- Explain HP OneView connectivity model, networking resources and templates, and licensing.
- Add enclosures with server blades and ProLiant DL servers to the OneView appliance.
Module 1: HP OneView Overview
- Identify HP OneView management and monitoring capabilities as part of Converged System Administration tasks for Infrastructure provisioning
- Classify HP OneView workflows and template approaches to Infrastructure configuration according to desired infrastructure project task for Server, Storage, Infrastructure
- Discriminate task workflow for logical and physical configuration of: − Network, Network Sets, Logical Interconnect Groups, Logical
- Interconnects, Uplink Sets, Enclosure Groups, Enclosures, Hardware and Hardware Type
- Differentiate HP OneView management and monitoring for Environment, Rack, Power and Workload
- Integrate HP OneView System and Solution approach to deployment of Server, Storage, Networking and Management Software
Module 2: HP OneView BladeSystem Integration and HP c7000 Enclosure Overview
- Identify key HP OneView configuration components of HP c7000 BladeSystem Enclosure
- Relate components and configuration scripts to successful import and management into HP OneView identifying outcomes and key success indicators
- Propose scripted initial setup configurations and setup options
- Organize key setup steps and critical configuration of Onboard Administrator personality settings
- Prioritize key solution components and configuration script for HP OneView setup and management
Module 3: Lab Environment Use Case configuration
Lab 0: Navigating the VL Training Environment
Lab 1: OneView Installation and Configuration
- Review: Preparing the virtual machine appliance
- Exercise 1 — Deploying the virtual machine appliance
- Exercise 2 — Starting the OneView appliance
- Exercise 3 — Accessing the OneView Appliance using a Web Browser
Lab 2: Configuring OneView Networks
- Exercise 1 — Ethernet Networks
- Exercise 2 — Network Sets
- Exercise 3 — Fiber Channel Networks
Lab 3: Configuring OneView Storage
- Exercise 1 — Accessing Brocade Network Advisor and discovering fabrics
- Exercise 2 — Connecting OneView with 3PAR Storage System
- Exercise 3 — Creating and adding volumes
Lab 4: Configuring Logical Interconnect Groups
Logical Interconnect Groups
Lab 5: OneView Enclosure Management
- Exercise 1 — Adding an Enclosure
- Exercise 2 — Adding an Enclosure
- Exercise 3 — Updating Logical Interconnect Firmware
- Exercise 4 — Exploring Imported Resources
- Exercise 5 — Reports
Lab 6: OneView Profile Management
- Exercise 1 — The Server Profile Template
- Exercise 2 — Assigning a Profile Template
- Exercise 3 — Moving a Server Profile
- Exercise 4 — Copying a Server Profile to another server
- Exercise 5 — Adding a Network
- Exercise 6 — Adding HP ProLiant DL Server and Profile
Lab 7: OneView Environmental Monitoring
- Exercise 1 — Following the health monitoring path
- Exercise 2 — Working with Power Delivery Devices
- Exercise 3 — Managing Racks
- Exercise 4 — Managing Data Centers
- Add and Remove Dashboard Panel
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning