This 2-day course provides students with a firm grounding on Cloud computing, understanding of what it is and how it relates to their own businesses.
It is recommended that students have attained the following credentials or levels of experience before taking this course:-
- Basic experience and knowledge of IT computing environments.
Who should attend?
- Senior IT Managers.
- Decision Makers.
- Head of IT Architecture and/or Operation Department.
- Anyone with interest in understanding Cloud and Cloud solutions better.
Describe how the Cloud will change today´s IT.
- Describe the unprecedented sourcing model introduced by the Cloud.
- Discuss Cloud and (new) Service Level Mgmt.
- Describe Cloud and risk management.
- Describe how IT should change in today´s evolutionary context.
- Explain Public and Private of cloud.
- Explain enabling technologies.
- Discuss how to approach and evaluate a Cloud Business Case.
- Explain how HP approaches the Cloud.
Module 1: About the cloud
Business strategy & IT
- Business shaping forces
- IT evolutionary model
- Business Technology landscape
- How ICT will serve the business
- IT Challenges
The Cloud role
- Optimize vs Innovate
- Cloud Myths and reality
- What Cloud actually is
- Effect of the Cloud on IT
- Cloud architectural principles
- Cloud requirements
- Cloud Service Delivery
- (Cloud) User/Provider relationships
- User/Provider points of view
- Service Delivery models
- *aaS definitions and examples
- Deployment models
- Public Cloud: definitions and implications
- Private Cloud: definitions and implications
- Community Cloud: definitions and implications
- Hybrid Cloud: definitions and implications
- The renewed ICT model: risks vs benefits
- ICT needs: how to try
- CI principles
- Transformation of operational processes
- CI example
Module 2: Inside the Cloud
Service Level management
- Requirements met by the Cloud
- New Service Governance
- User vs Provider relationships
- ITIL and Cloud
- Business case evaluation criteria
- Business outcomes examples
- Business case - exercise
- Impacts on business
- Impacts on ICT
- Cloud risks vs benefits
- Cloud specific vulnerabilities
- HP strategy to the Cloud
- HP Value proposition
- Roadmap to the Cloud
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning