What is CAST (Center for Advanced Security Training)?
With the speed at which the information security landscape evolves; professionals must stay up-to-date on the latest security techniques, threats and remediation strategies. In response, EC-Council created CAST to meet these challenges head-on. The Center for Advanced Security Training addresses the direct needs of those professionals who must retain the necessary skills required for their positions within the information security industry. CAST provides very specialized training programs coverning key information security domains, at an advanced level. EC-Council co-developed CAST with well-respected industry practitioners, ensuring you receive the most important learning experiences and everything needed to conquer any challenge.
- Information Security Professionals
- Penetration Testers
- IT Managers
- IT Auditors
- Government and Intelligence Agencies interested in real world attack and defense in today’s complex and highly secure IT environments
This course covers everything you need to know for a professional security test as well as how to produce the two most important items; the findings and report! The practical environment ranges progress in difficulty and reflect enterprise network architecture. This environment includes defenses and challenges which you must defeat and overcome. This is not your typical FLAT network! As you progress through the range levels, each encounter will present the top defenses of today and you will learn the best and latest evasion techniques.
This training format has helped thousands of penetration testers globally and is proven to be effective!
The CAST 611v3 course is 100% hands-on. No course materials, or slides to weigh you down. Everything presented in the course is through an enterprise network environment, which must be attacked, exploited, evaded, defended, etc.
The CAST 611v3 consists of the following lab modules:
- Information Gathering and OSINT
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Post Exploitation
- Advanced Techniques
- Data Analysis and Reporting
Once you have practiced this then you will go against a “live” range.
The process is as follows:
Access the range: Four Ranges
- You will be provided a scope of work
- Have 2-3 hours on the range and then be provided a debrief
The ranges are progressive and increase in difficulty at each level. There are 3-4 levels to complete then you are ready for the challenge range practical!
Practical: Two phases
- Scope of work for each phase
- 3 hours to complete the practical
- Save all of the data and build a target database of your findings.
At completion of the range section
- 75 minutes for written exam base on ranges – Pass exam
- Receive CAST Advanced Penetration Tester Certification
- So you think you can pen test? PROVE IT!
How Will This Course Benefit You?
- Understand what it takes to break into a highly secured organization from the outside
- Review proven methods on how to avoid detection by IDS/IPS and how to move around the network freely
- How to apply the best practices for mitigating or circumventing security implementations such as locked desktops, GPOs, IDS/IPS, WAFs and several others
- Professional understanding and skills on Pen Testing high security environments covering areas such as government, financial and other key industry installations