PRINCE2® Practitioner (inc exam)
- A copy of the candidates examination certificate
- Confirmed entry in the AXELOS Successful Candidate Register. You will need to provide the full SCR number (registration/candidate number located on your certificate)
- Delegates will be provided with a number of short activities to complete, including access to QA's interactive video-based learning, that will help you prepare for the course. These activities are expected to take approximately six hours to complete (although you may wish to spend longer to help you prepare more effectively)
- Click here to view the minimum technical system requirements that are required to access QA's video-based learning
- The benefits of Pre-course Reading are outlined in this short, entertaining animation – www.qa.com/precoursereading
Proof of identification
If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
Reasonable Adjustments Policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Ful details and how to apply can be found here www.qa.com/axelosexams. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44(0)1793 696162.
- Demonstrate that they can apply and tailor the PRINCE2 method to a real project
- Explain and apply the PRINCE2 principles
- Explain the purpose of the seven PRINCE2 themes and describe how they are applied to a project
- Describe each step of the PRINCE2 journey, explaining the activities required to guide a project throughout its lifecycle
- Create the recommended PRINCE2 management products which include baselines, records and reports
After a short recap of PRINCE2, the course addresses how the method might be applied and tailored on a real-life project. Delegates should note that evening work will be assigned which is not expected to exceed two hours per night.
Specific course content will include:
The structure of the method and the guide will be revisited before we discuss the context within which a PRINCE2 project operates.
The seven PRINCE2 principles provide the framework for managing the project and are built on good practice developed from successful and failed projects.
Themes and Processes
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and integrated as the project journeys through its life cycle.
- Business Case
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
- Duration - 150 minutes
- Questions (OTQ) - 68 (scenario based)
- Pass mark - 55%
- Use of textbook - Yes
- Timing - End of day three
Receive classroom training at one of our nationwide training centres, or attend remotely via web access from anywhere.
Find dates and prices
We have 236 courses available across 29 locations on 46 different dates
East1 Location / 3 coursesView dates
London2 Locations / 34 coursesView dates
Midlands6 Locations / 52 coursesView dates
North6 Locations / 61 coursesView dates
Scotland4 Locations / 20 coursesView dates
South8 Locations / 34 coursesView dates
Attend from AnywhereQA Extended ClassroomView dates
All locations29 Locations / 236 coursesView dates
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning