This module will provide the introduction to the course, instructor and participants.
Module one: Overview of PRINCE2/Project Start-Up
This module will review the pre-course work carried out by the candidates. This module will then review the principles, themes and processes of PRINCE2 and the PRINCE2 process model. It will then go on to explain the key considerations when starting a project.
This module will focus on what to consider when starting a project and the process of initiating a project.
- Understand the principles and processes of the PRINCE2 approach
- Describe, at a high level, the PRINCE2 project lifecycle
- Know the start-up activities and what to include in project brief
- Describe the project product description
- Consider the organizational needs of a project
- Understand the role and value of the business case for a project
Module 2: Project Initiation Part I
This module will focus on what to consider when initiating a project. It will also review the element of risk and quality in a project and how to plan a communication and change strategy.
- Know the steps in initiating a project
- Understand the element of risk in project management
- Describe the risk management procedure
- Know how quality supports the PRINCE2 principles
- Be familiar with the quality planning steps
- Understand how change is managed within a project
Module 3: Project Initiation Part II
This module will introduce PRINCE2 approach to planning and how plans are created at different levels to reflect at different levels of management (project, stage, team).
- Know the different levels of plans that can be created
- Describe the activities that constitute the PRINCE2 approach to planning
- Understand the different steps in project planning
Module 4: Specialist Products Creation
This module will introduce the activities involved in controlling a stage.
- Know the PRINCE2 way to monitor and control
- Describe managing product delivery process
- Know what the project manager is there to do on day-to-day basis
- Know how to enable the Project Board to be accountable for the project's success
Module 5: Progress
This module will introduce the progress theme and how it relates to monitoring and controlling a project.
- Understand how to review the ongoing success of a project
- Review types of progress controls
- Describe how to manage the stage boundary process
- Know the Project Board can authorize an exception plan
Module 6: Closing a Project
This module will present the process of closing a project. It will also provide a final opportunity to prepare to take the Foundation exam.
- Know the key activities and actions required in closing the project down
Modules 7 and 8 are PRINCE2 Practitioner modules.
Module 7: Sample Practitioner Paper EX02
This module will check for areas that need additional learning to help prepare participants to pass the Practitioner exam.
- Know what is areas they need more study on
- Be assigned an area of study to work on with another delegate
Module 8: Sample Practitioner Paper EX03
This module will provide additional opportunities to check knowledge and readiness to pass the Practitioner Exam.
- Be able to teach others on an assigned topic
- Feel ready to take the Practitioner Exam
Please note: You must bring signed photo ID with you on any BCS exam (passport, driving licence, student card) as you will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
Booking your exams
You will be sitting your Foundation and Practitioner exams on the same day - it is a requirement for you to pass PRINCE2 Foundation before you can sit PRINCE2 Practitioner.
You will need to book onto the following seperate events: PBPP2FEX and PBPP2PPEX. Contact your sales person for dates and locations convenient for you.
PRINCE2® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.