MSP philosophy and structure
- What is a programme and how it differs to both business as usual and project work
- Relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes and the transformational flow
The 7 MSP principles
- Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
- Leading change
- Envisioning and communicating a better future
- Focusing on benefits and threats to them
- Adding value
- Designing and delivering a coherent capability
- Learning from experience
The 9 MSP governance themes
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- Business case
- Risk and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
The 6 MSP® Transformational Flow Processes
- Identifying a programme
- Defining a programme
- Managing the tranche
- Delivering the capability
- Realizing the benefits
- Closing a programme
Recommended study period for this eLearning is approximately 35 hours
This eLearning product includes classroom based examinations:
The examinations will be booked at a QA Centre most convenient to you.
We have 26 locations across the country. Please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The MSP Foundation examination takes place at 3pm on the third day. You must bring signed photo ID with you on any BCS exam (passport, driving licence, student card).
The foundation exam consists of:
- 75 multiple choice questions
- 1 hour
- Candidates require a minimum of 35 correct answers (50%) to pass.
The MSP Practitioner examination takes place on the morning of the last day at 10 am. The MSP Practitioner exam consists of:
- 8 questions, each worth 10 marks each. Total of 80 marks
- 'Objective Test Examination' format - a style of complex multiple-choice examination.
- 2½ hours duration
- Delegates may use their official MSP manual: 'Managing Successful Programmes' only
- Candidates require a minimum of 40 marks (50%) to pass
Please note that you must pass the foundation exam before attempting the practitioner exam and by successfully passing the practitioner exam, you attain 'Registered Practitioner' status.
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.