The achievement of the Association for Project Management (APM) 'Introductory Certificate: The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification' is an excellent way to demonstrate a basic awareness of project management and how projects differ from 'business as usual' activities. Delivered by fully accredited trainers with extensive experience of applying the APM approach, the course ensures that you gain sufficient understanding to be confident in the practical application of project management as an informed team member.
This course is suitable for those looking to gain an understanding of project management, or those who are not directly involved in project management but who wish to become familiar with project management processes and key terms. It is also ideal for project managers as a pre-cursor to more advanced certification such as the APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Differentiate between project management and the operating environment
- Define the management structure by which projects operate
- Apply project management planning
- Describe project scope management
- Contribute to scheduling and resource management
- Apply risk management and issue management
- Define project quality management
- Manage communication in the project environment
- Recognise the importance of stakeholder management
- Explain principles of leadership and teamwork
Once purchased, the Video Based Learning and associated exam are active for a 12-month period only, you are required to have sat your exam within this timeframe.
Key Examination Information
Introductory Certificate: The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification Examination (One-hour multiple choice examination).