Optimising learning transfer through structure, subject matter knowledge and training skills is no longer enough, trainers also need to demonstrate interpersonal skills which stimulate learner motivation and engagement.
The workshop is the culmination of a two year research project into what differentiates great trainers from the crowd and is the vital next step in any trainer’s development, usually following achievement of the TAP Certificate in Training Delivery Part A. Focuses on building trainers’ self-awareness and the critical factors to create an empathic, learner-centred climate and the Six Principles of CHOICE® which are based on the six key drivers of learner engagement that reflect innate and universal human needs.
Benefits to the delegate
- Appreciate how attitudes and behaviours can dramatically affectthe learning process by better understanding the psychology and science of human interaction and learner engagement
- Increase self-awareness of how their current practices might be inadvertently demotivating learners
- Create a Personal Action Plan, following daily self-reflection of the topics covered, that establishes what to Start, Stop and Continue doing in order to fully engage with learners and become a more effective trainer
Benefits to the organisation
- Greatly improved retention of skills and knowledge from formal learning events
- Cause and effect chain leading to enhanced customer satisfaction from interactions with more engaged and motivated employees
Due to their unique range and scope, TAP Qualifications provide individuals and organisations with a means to develop a career pathway based on achieving Certification of Learning and Development skills. This Certificate delivers a competency set aligned to the relevant L&D Standards published by The British Institute for Learning & Development.
British Institute for Learning and Development (the Institute)
The Institute is the awarding body for all certificates and diplomas issued under the Training Accreditation Programme (TAP®). On completion of this course delegates can apply for membership. Please see more about the Institute’s membership benefits, fees and application guidelines here www.theBILD.org.