This course is delivered as a blended format comprising three parts over a 3 to 4 week period; a live online session with self-paced activities, a two-day classroom event followed by a final assessment day online where each delegate delivers a 20 minute live online session.
It is also available as a 5 week tutor supported programme, For details of this programme please contact us.
Blended classroom programme
Part 1 – Online
- Tutor-led online session (1 hour): ‘The Online Facilitation Model’
- Self-paced activities of a critique of some webinar recordings (approx. 1 hour) and choosing a topic for your 20 minute live online session you will deliver in part 3 (approx. 1 hour)
Part 2 – Two-day classroom workshop to include:
- how to structure an effective live online session
- how to adapt your delivery style from face to face to online
- hands on with the WebEx tools and troubleshooting skills (technical and potential challenges within a group)
Part 3 – Online assessment day(s) over two days (5 hours online per day): Each member of the group delivers and participates in the assessed live online sessions with feedback provided by your peers followed by a formal individual feedback from your tutor
This is a three-part blended programme consisting of online activities and a 2-day classroom workshop. It is also delivered wholly online as a five week tutor-led programme.
This programme gives learners the skills needed to facilitate online learning, primarily webinars. It includes techniques for building rapport online, keeping the audience engaged throughout live online sessions and making learning collaborative and interactive. Learners will also consider how to facilitate self-paced activities such as discussion forums. This is a practical, skills-based course so participants will use webinar software and tools within it to apply their learning throughout the programme.
What the delegates will learn
- A model for online facilitation
- Building interaction into live online sessions
- Planning online learning events
- Facilitating and hosting online learning events
- Using webinar tools
- Designing asynchronous learning activities
What's included in the course?
- Part 1: Participate in a live online webinar and complete self-paced activities (approximately 3-4 hours of study)
- Part 2: Attend a 2-day classroom workshop, plus evening work
- Part 3: Prepare for, and delivery of, a live online webinar (up to 10 hours of study)
Other TAP Certificate that might be of interest:
- eLearning Design
- Digital Learning Strategy
- Blended Learning