This course is delivered as a blended format comprising three parts over a 3 to 4 week period; a live online session with self-paced activities, a two-day classroom event followed by a final assessment day online where each delegate delivers a 20 minute live online session.
It is also available as a 5 week tutor supported programme, For details of this programme please contact us.
Blended classroom programme
Part 1 – Online
- Tutor-led online session (1 hour): ‘The Online Facilitation Model’
- Self-paced activities of a critique of some webinar recordings (approx. 1 hour) and choosing a topic for your 20 minute live online session you will deliver in part 3 (approx. 1 hour)
Part 2 – Two-day classroom workshop to include:
- how to structure an effective live online session
- how to adapt your delivery style from face to face to online
- hands on with the WebEx tools and troubleshooting skills (technical and potential challenges within a group)
Part 3 – Online assessment day(s) over two days (5 hours online per day): Each member of the group delivers and participates in the assessed live online sessions with feedback provided by your peers followed by a formal individual feedback from your tutor
This programme helps L&D professionals who are experienced in training or facilitating classroom-based events to transfer their skills to training online. The course covers techniques on how to build rapport online, keeping the audience engaged throughout live online sessions and how to facilitate self-paced activities such as online discussion forums.
The programme covers the role of an online facilitator and also how to support and host online events to global audiences.
This course is delivered as a blended format comprising three parts over a 2 to 3 week period; a live online session with self-paced activities, a two-day classroom event and final submission and assessment of project work.
We also offer a wholly online, tutor-supported programme over 5 weeks comprising a blend of live online sessions, self-paced activities and project work. Please contact us if you are interested in the online 5 week option.
Benefits to the delegate
- Design and structure effective live online sessions
- Engage participants with creative online activities
- Experience live online sessions and self-paced activities
- Support and motivate learners during a distance learning programme
Benefits to the organisation
- Apply best practice models to facilitating online learning
- Enable delivery of effective training to global audiences
- Reduce travel and subsistence costs to classroom events
- Enable evaluation of web-conferencing tools to make an informed choice for the organisation
Due to their unique range and scope, TAP Qualifications provide individuals and organisations with a means to develop a career pathway based on achieving Certification of Learning and Development skills. This Certificate delivers a competency set aligned to the relevant L&D Standards published by The British Institute for Learning & Development.
British Institute for Learning and Development (the Institute)
The Institute is the awarding body for all certificates and diplomas issued under the Training Accreditation Programme (TAP®). On completion of this course delegates can apply for membership. Please see more about the Institute’s membership benefits, fees and application guidelines here www.theBILD.org.