L&D is becoming far more strategic than ever before and important business and regulatory drivers are now leading many organisations to take employee training more seriously. At the same time, the rapid pace of business change demands constant monitoring and review of the L&D strategy. All of this is making the effective management of an L&D function highly important, yet also challenging. Managers are expected to help define, absorb and communicate strategic changes to their teams and to sustain team motivation and capability against a background which frequently involves organisational restructuring.
Managers are also expected to adopt new learning technologies, operating models, procedures and processes, often without a great deal of support. They are expected to operate best-practice L&D processes and report results in a form that is meaningful to senior management.
Benefits to the delegate
- Take away tools and templates for benchmarking quality in L&D, drafting an L&D strategy and managing risks associated with change that could affect the strategy
- Build confidence in managing relationships with business units and other stakeholders by being able to interpret the needs of the business and the learning community
- Gain insights into how team capability can be enhanced to successfully implement the strategy
- Network with other L&D managers and discuss how they have overcome similar challenges
Benefits to the organisation
- Professional management practice raises L&D’s credibility and highlights the function’s value to the business
- Ensures that the L&D strategy is aligned with business objectives and that L&D services are quality-focused
- Builds trust within the L&D team and in the reliability of learning within the wider organisation
- Enhances engagement with business unit managers
- Enhances L&D’s credibility within the organisation
- Builds stakeholder trust in the reliability
Due to their unique range and scope, TAP Qualifications provide individuals and organisations with a means to develop a career pathway based on achieving Certification of Learning and Development skills.