Increasing numbers of experienced L&D professionals now play the role of L&D Consultants, managing a network of relationships with internal client groups. This involves dealing with incoming requests for training programmes, working in a consultative capacity with senior stakeholders to clarify business needs and confirming the nature of any associated solutions.
The key objective of this challenging role is to agree best-practice solutions that employ the optimum blend of resources and that meet the needs of the business in a cost-effective manner. However, the skills and knowledge required to provide effective L&D consultancy do not necessarily come naturally to all trainers.
Who is it for?
The course is suitable for L&D professionals who are being required to undertake a consultative role, working with key stakeholders to agree business improvement learning initiatives.
What the delegates will learn
- Understanding the L&D consultancy role
- Employing a range of consultancy skills in order to maintain effective relationships
- Conducting interviews with stakeholder to effectively develop the brief
- Undertaking the validation of the need
- Exploring possible approaches and identifying a possible solution
- Gaining stakeholder agreement to the solution presented
- Undertaking evaluation and review of implemented solution
What's included in the course?
- Pre-course work
- Evening work
- Learning Needs Analysis