This course is delivered as a blended format comprising three parts over a 3 to 4 week period; a live online session with self-paced activities, a two-day classroom event which includes an assessment of the design and storyboard of an eLearning object followed by a final live online session. It is also available as a 5 week tutor supported programme, For details of this programme please contact us.
Blended Classroom components.
Part 1 – Online:
- Tutor-led live online session (1 hour): ‘Creating Engaging e-Learning’
- Self-paced activities of review some eLearning examples for inspiration (approx. 1 hour) and preparing your design overview for a work-based project (approx. 1 hour)
Part 2 – Two-day classroom workshop to include:
- designing to best practice
- working on scenario example topics
- storyboarding engaging and effective self-study e-Learning content and assessment
Part 3 – Online
- Tutor-led live online session (approx. 45 minutes): ‘Steps to Success’ covering peer feedback and to discuss some hints and tips for implementing and evaluating online learning projects
To develop engaging e-learning, L&D professionals require instructional design and storyboarding combined with authoring skills. This combination workshop incorporates e-Learning Design and either Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate.
It will enable the L&D design team with experience of designing or developing in other media to apply their skills to produce e-learning programmes. It includes ensuring the important human element is transferred effectively into online learning and how to create stimulating, engaging and effective e-learning content.
Two of the most popular authoring tools on the market today are Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate. It can be challenging to decide the most appropriate tool for your team and organisation, and this programme includes an optional one-hour tour of both tools, using application-sharing in WebEx, to help make an informed choice.
This blended programme includes online activities (both live session and self-paced), combined with a four-day practical workshop where you will work through the six stages of the development process to produce an e-learning module of approximately 15 minutes.
A blended programme of online activities and a 4-day classroom workshop
- Part 1 – Tutor-led live online session (1 hour); self-paced online task (3 hours approx.)
- Part 2 – 4-day classroom workshop to include tutor-led sessions, group and project work
- Part 3 – Submission of project work for assessment (4 hours approx); tutor-led live online session (1 hour); assessment (approx 2 hours)
This course is also available as a wholly online, tutor-supported programme over 5 weeks comprising a blend of live online sessions, self-paced activities and project work. Please contact us if you are interested in the online 5 week option.
Benefits to the delegate
- Apply the six stages of the development process for e-learning
- Design effective and engaging e-learning materials
- Gain hands-on experience of using an authoring tool
- Develop technical skills using your chosen authoring tool
Benefits to the organisation
- Enables an informed procurement decision on the choice of authoring software - a key decision factor in successful organisational e-learning
- Builds internal capability to create and maintain high-quality e-learning content rather than resource externally
- The combination course offers cost-effective acquisition of e-learning design skills and IT software skills together
- Provides extensive hands-on practice, ensuring practical application to create reusable learning objects
Due to their unique range and scope, TAP Qualifications provide individuals and organisations with a means to develop a career pathway based on achieving Certification of Learning and Development skills. This Certificate delivers a competency set aligned to the relevant L&D Standards published by The British Institute for Learning & Development.
British Institute for Learning and Development (the Institute)
The Institute is the awarding body for all certificates and diplomas issued under the Training Accreditation Programme (TAP®). On completion of this course delegates can apply for membership. Please see more about the Institute’s membership benefits, fees and application guidelines here www.theBILD.org.