The language we use, whether written or verbal, must communicate the message effectively. Any piece of digital content should engage the audience from the beginning to ensure the message is delivered and the goal of the message is met for whichever purpose.
Delegates will refresh their knowledge and application of some basic rules of language. They will learn best practice tips for writing digital content when used as part of a communication campaign such as blog posts, product information, instructional guides, social status updates, responding to comments and spoken communication.
Delegates will work through five key elements to writing effective online content. These elements will help them engage the reader through storytelling, personality, planning, structure, and adapting language style for any digital content in their campaigns.
They will apply these steps to their own campaign project; feedback will be provided throughout from the course facilitator and from course colleagues.
To the delegate
- Learn strategies to engage the online audience
- Ensure that the digital content is well structured
- Review current level of writing techniques
- Adapt language for a variety of digital content
- Respond appropriately to audience comments
- Apply the techniques and receive feedback on your own digital project
- Build confidence by achieving Certification in Digital Writing Skills
To the organisation
- Ensures that digital content is written effectively for different purposes in a campaign
- Applies a consistent approach to effective digital writing
- Builds trust in the quality assurance of digital content created by the organisation
- Maintains audience engagement with the online content on the organisations communication platform