This course introduces subject matter experts, trainers and learning facilitators to the skills required for undertaking coaching as part of a continuous improvement programme in the workplace. Coaching helps the learner to set their own clear and achievable goals , and to provide support on the journey to achieving them. Coaching skills are a valuable component of the L&D Professional’s core skill set.
Successful completion leads to the TAP Certificate in Coaching
It is an elective component towards any TAP Diploma
Benefits to the delegate
- Learn structured processes for establishing coaching needs and delivering coaching sessions
- Take away tools and templates to assist with planning coaching sessions
- Build confidence by conducting coaching sessions with a range of activities
- Receive feedback on their performance to help identify improvements in coaching others
Benefits to the organisation
- Ensures a consistent, best-practice approach to coaching employees to achieve and sustain optimal performance
- Builds trust in the value and reliability of coaching and the L&D team throughout the organisation
- Competent work-based coaches enhance individual skills and performance, and organisational capability
- Builds confident coaches who are enthusiastic to use their skills to empower their colleagues
Due to their unique range and scope, TAP Qualifications provide individuals and organisations with a means to develop a career pathway based on achieving Certification of Learning and Development skills.