This course is delivered as a blended format comprising three parts over a 2 to 3 week period; a live online session with self-paced activities, a two-day classroom event and final submission and assessment of a blended learning work-based proposal.
Part 1 – Online
- Tutor-led live online session (1 hour): ‘The Changing Shape of Learning’
- Self-paced activities including researching one learning technology and preparing your project work (approx. 2 hours)
Part 2 – Two-day classroom workshop
- Exploring current technologies which could be applied to learning and practical experience looking at case studies
Part 3 – Self-paced and online
- Reflection and submission of a blended learning proposal for your organisation for tutor feedback (approx. 1 hour).
The course explores different learning methods and media to enable organisations to provide more flexible, accessible and cost-effective learning opportunities. In the 21st Century, learning practitioners need to embrace the potential of learning technologies into blended solutions. This course will be valuable for those seeking to extend their capabilities beyond face-to-face training to take advantage of both formal and informal learning opportunities along with online and mobile technologies.
- This course can be delivered as a blended format comprising three parts over a 2 to 3 week period; a live online session with self-paced activities, a two-day classroom event and final submission and assessment of project work OR
- A wholly online, tutor-supported programme over 5 weeks comprising a blend of live online sessions, self-paced activities and project work
Benefits to the delegate
- Gain a clear understanding of blended learning and the key ingredients for success
- Learn how to apply new technologies to learning interventions
- Identify the benefits of a blended approach and be able to overcome common concerns
- Learn a logical approach to the design of blended solutions ensuring effectiveness and efficiency
- Experience a variety of learning technologies through both formal and informal learning opportunities enabling selection of the optimal combination, taking into account the target audience, the organisation and industry sector.
Benefits to the organisation
- Design 'more for less' learning solutions
- Enable learning solutions to meet current business drivers more effectively
- Align L&D solutions to organisational challenges such as reducing time to market, customer engagement and retention, product knowledge in a fast-changing environment
- Evaluation of current available technology tools to enable informed investment
Due to their unique range and scope, TAP Qualifications provide individuals and organisations with a means to develop a career pathway based on achieving Certification of Learning and Development skills. This Certificate delivers a competency set aligned to the relevant L&D Standards published by the British Institute for Learning & Development.
British Institute for Learning and Development (the Institute)
The Institute is the awarding body for all certificates and diplomas issued under the Training Accreditation Programme (TAP®). On completion of this course delegates can apply for membership. Please see more about the Institute’s membership benefits, fees and application guidelines here www.theBILD.org.