The workshop includes a mix of teaching and practical exercises. Participants will work in small groups with continual support from the trainer, who has been certified by Dr de Bono to deliver the course. The workshop materials have been developed by Dr Edward de Bono personally, and each delegate is supplied with a comprehensive workbook to provide ongoing reinforcement of the techniques learnt.
De Bono’s Six Thinking Hats
Who should attend?
Business people who want to improve team-working, hold more productive meetings, generate new ideas and solve problems faster. It will be especially beneficial to the following groups:
- Project / Strategy teams.
- Departmental managers and their teams.
- Managers and executives who require greater levels of innovation and creativity.
- Individual contributors and teams working in highly competitive or changing environments.
During the workshop, you will:
- Learn to use different approaches to business problems.
- Explore all aspects of each situation and generate alternatives that go far beyond obvious solutions.
- Separate fact from opinion.
- Look fully at both positive and negative options and expose hidden agendas that can sabotage any meeting.
- Learn how to stimulate innate creativity.
- Learn how to turn seemingly insoluble problems into real opportunities.
- Leave the workshop with skills that they have practised and can apply immediately on return to the workplace.
You will understand and learn:
- The nature of thinking.
- Why we need to change our behaviour.
- Why argument is inadequate.
- Introducing the Six Thinking Hats®.
- Why very little new thinking is accomplished at meetings.
- Tools and techniques focusing on each hat.
Using the Six Hats:
- Single use of the Six Hats.
- Systematic use of the Six Hats.
- Frameworks for structuring meetings and focusing thinking.
- How to turn disagreements into positive contributions.
- Techniques for opportunity thinking.
- Programming meetings for a successful outcome.
- Creating the action plan.
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
We have 7 courses available across 3 locations on 7 different dates
EastCall us on 01753 898320 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
London2 Locations / 6 coursesView dates
MidlandsCall us on 01753 898320 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
NorthCall us on 01753 898320 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
Scotland1 Location / 1 courseView dates
SouthCall us on 01753 898320 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
Attend from AnywhereCall us on 01753 898320 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
All locations3 Locations / 7 coursesView dates
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning