As the move towards the cloud gains momentum and both customers and providers move to exploit this emerging technology, ITSM professionals need to understand the implications for service provision and how they should approach its adoption. This overview course aims to provide delegates with a grounding in Cloud terminology and how service management best practice should be applied to ensure Cloud based services are managed and controlled for the benefit of the business.
Service Management and the Cloud
There are no pre-requisites for this overview course, however experience of service management best practice and the broader I.T. industry and trends would be beneficial.
At the end of this course you will be able to understand:
- Cloud basic terminology and definitions
- The challenges associated with cloud based services
- The steps to manage and control cloud based services
- The next steps for more specific training and information
An Introduction to Cloud
- Cloud definitions
- Cloud characteristics
- Types of Cloud
The challenges with the various Cloud options
Managing the Cloud
- Understanding drivers
- Risks and business benefits
- Strategic thought as the key to success
- Taking an holistic approach
Controlling the Cloud
- Frameworks and methodologies that can be utilised
- Taking a service lifecycle approach
Next steps to take in terms training and information
This course is authored by QA
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0345 074 7998 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning