The ITIL Service Operation Certificate Course is one of five lifecycle courses that fit into the intermediate stream for ITIL certification. It is a free-standing qualification but it is also a module contributing to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate.
This certification is aimed at people involved with the management and control of Service Operation and, as such, does not cover process details in great depth. (For that level of information see the ITIL Expert Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis Certificate). The Service Operation Course provides information to enable delegates to gain competencies in:
- Service Operations Principles
- Service Operation Processes
- Common Service Operation Activities
- Organising Service Operation: Functions
- Technology Considerations
- Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
Please be aware, this course also provides 21 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification/re-certification.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management,and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require a understanding of Service Operation and how it enhances the quality of IT service within an organisation
- Anyone involved in the ongoing management, coordination or integration of operational activities within the Service Lifecycle
The exam is gradient, scenario based multi-choice. There are 8 questions to be completed in 90 minutes. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks. The pass mark is 28 marks from 40 (70%).
For Published Best Practice ITIL Glossaries from Axelos please click here.