Organisations are under increasing pressure to deliver value and manage risk. Effective IT governance, which includes implementing processes and organisational structures, is clearly required to ensure IT supports the organisation's overall strategy and objectives.
COBIT®5 was launched in 2012 and provides a globally accepted framework for businesses to govern and manage enterprise IT. The primary focus of the framework is to maximize the value of information by aligning business and IT strategies. COBIT 5 incorporates the most up to date techniques for governance and management by bringing together COBIT 4.1, Val IT and Risk IT into one single framework. The COBIT®5 Foundation course has been developed to allow anyone with an interest in governance to explore the key elements and principles of the framework.
COBIT®5 Foundation is ideal for assurance, security, risk, privacy and compliance professionals or business leaders and stakeholders who are involved in or affected by governance and management of information and information systems.
- They understand levels of IT-related risk and make informed decisions to reduce information security incidents.
- Deliver this understanding and risk awareness to improve prevention, detection and recovery within an organization.
- Provide tools for organizations to maintain high quality information to support business decisions.
- Help an organization to meet with regulatory and statutory or government requirements.
- Understand COBIT® approach to governance and its relationship with other IT best practices.
Please note - the exam is taken on the last day (day 3) of the course.