Day 1 - Day 3: Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
1. Fundamentals of Testing
Testing terminology; General testing principles; Why testing is necessary; Fundamental test process; The psychology of testing.
2. Testing Throughout the Lifecycle
Models for testing; Component, System Integration and Acceptance testing; Maintenance testing; Non-functional system testing; Functional system testing.
3. Static Techniques
Reviews and the test process; Costs and benefits of reviews; Types of review: Walkthrough, technical review, inspections, informal review; Static analysis
4. Test Design Techniques
Black and White box testing; Black box test techniques including equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis and state transition testing; White box test techniques including statement and decision testing; Experience-based techniques; Choosing test techniques
5. Test management
Organisation; Project test plan; Configuration management; Test estimation: Inclusion in project schedule; Monitoring and control; Tracking progress and deviations from plan; Incident management: Logging, tracking and analysis; Risk and testing.
6. Test tools
Types of test tool; Requirements testing; Static analysis; Test design; Data preparation; Capture/replay; Test running; Test harnesses, drivers and simulators; Performance testing; Dynamic analysis; Debugging; Comparison; Test management; Coverage measurement; Effective use, benefits and risk; Introducing a tool into an organization.
Day 4 & Day 5: Foundation Level Extension - Agile Tester
1. Understand the fundamentals of Agile Software Development
How the various agile approaches differ and understanding the concepts of the Agile Manifesto; How the tester needs to adapt in the agile process for maximum effectiveness; Apply the various aspects relating to agile, such as: Writing and reviewing User Stories, Working in a continuous integrated environment and Performing agile retrospectives to improve the process
2. Apply the fundamental Agile testing principles, practices and processes
How testing differs when working in an agile lifecycle compared to a more traditional lifecycle; How to work in a highly collaborative and integrated environment; How independent testing can be used within an agile project; How to report progress and the quality of the product to business stakeholders; Understand the role and skills of a tester within an agile team.
3. Know the key testing methods, techniques and tools to use within an Agile project
Understand Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Driven Development (ADD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and the concepts of the Test Pyramid; Perform the role of a tester within a Scrum team: Perform test estimation and assess product quality risks within an agile project, Interpret the information produced during an agile project to support test activities, Write ADD test cases, Write test cases for both functional and non-functional user stories; Execute exploratory testing within an agile project; Recognise the various tools available to the tester for the various agile activities
- The course includes the cost of two exams, the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level and ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level Extension, Agile Tester exam.
- The ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level has dual accreditation with the BCS as well as the ISTQB and successful candidates will receive certification with both BCS and ISTQB®.
- Both exams are 1 hour duration each (and extra 15 minutes is given to people who do not have English as their first language), 40 question multiple-choice exam with the pass mark being 65%.
- Passing the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level is a pre-requite to sitting the the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level Extension, Agile Tester exam.
- This course includes the cost of a Pearson Vue exam. Once the delegate have completed the course and are ready to sit for the exam, they will need to register with www.pearsonvue.com and check availability at their chosen test centre. Then they will need to contact QA and we will book the exam(s) for them.