This certification assesses competence, knowledge and understanding of the concepts and techniques applied in financial management and reporting. Key frameworks and tools that will enhance an understanding of finance will be thoroughly explored. The significance and importance of finance and the impact that all staff and their roles and decisions have on this crucial discipline will be examined.
BCS Professional Certificate in Business Finance
- Pre-course reading applies.
- Delegates MUST have senior BA experience.
Prerequisites for including this course as part of the Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis:
This course is one of the BCS professional certificates offered by QA which can be combined and lead to the Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis.
If you are planning to work towards obtaining the Advanced Diploma then you must already hold the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis and provide further evidential criteria, see below for details.
How do you obtain the Advanced Diploma?
Anyone who holds the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis can begin working towards the BCS Advanced Diploma.
There are three elements to be achieved in order to be awarded the Advanced Diploma:
- Gain certifications in four subject areas across three skill domains
- Provide evidence of a minimum of five years' experience in business analysis
- Provide evidence of engaging with the BA community.
If you are taking a BCS exam you must bring photographic identification with you (passport, driving license or student card), as it is a BCS requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification will result in a candidate not being able to sit the exam. For any questions about what form of identification is acceptable please contact your Account Manager or the QA Examination Administration team on 44 (0)1793 696273.
BCS allow additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details are provided in the BCS Reasonable Adjustments Policy which is available to view on the BCS website. If you believe you qualify for this then please notify the Exam Administration team on the details below as early as possible. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the BCS policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 44(0) 1793 696162.
- Explain sources of finance and comprehend financial “jargon”
- Interpret financial documents: statements of financial position (balance sheet), income statement (profit and loss account), statement of cash flows (cash flow statement)
- Explain the difference between profit and cash
- Explain the depreciation of assets
- Use financial rations to evaluate supplier financial stability
- Interpret financial ratios
- Construct and interpret a cash flow forecast
- State the application and limitation of financial ratios
- Define the contents of a business case
- Classify costs and benefits for the inclusion in a business case
- Undertake a financial appraisal
- Calculate the weighted average cost of capital
- Understand the key differences between the various investment appraisal techniques
- Explain the characteristics and concepts of budgeting
- Calculate a flexed budget
- State the different categories of cost
- Undertake costing calculations using different costing approaches: marginal costing, full costing, job costing, activity based costing
- Explain the differences between financing and leasing
- Define the financial characteristics of outsourcing
- State the contents of an outsourcing financial case
To achieve the objectives, the syllabus covers the following topics:
- Purpose of business: legal entities, sources of finance
- Key financial statements, concepts and vocabulary
- Evaluating supplier financial stability
- Contents and structure of a business case
- Financial justification of a business case
- Budgets and budgeting
- Costs and costing
- Financing service delivery
- 40 multiple choice questions
- 1hr 30mins. Candidates are entitled to an additional 23 minutes if they are sitting an examination in a language that is not their native/official language
- Examination is supervised
- Closed book examination
- Pass mark 26/40 (65%)
- Calculators may be used during this examination
- Paper-based examination
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
We have 3 courses available across 2 locations on 3 different dates
EastCall us on 01753 898320 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
London1 Location / 2 coursesView dates
MidlandsCall us on 01753 898320 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
NorthCall us on 01753 898320 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
ScotlandCall us on 01753 898320 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
South1 Location / 1 courseView dates
Attend from AnywhereCall us on 01753 898320 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
All locations2 Locations / 3 coursesView dates
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning