Course designed to provide the required knowledge and understanding of the 17th Edition electrical wiring regulations The primary publication associated with this qualification is the IEE Wiring Regulations: Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2008 incorporating Amendment No.3 - 2015 [Yellow Book]. The 500 page book is priced at �72.00 [If purchased, the book will be issued at the start of the course by the instructor]. 17th Edition [Yellow Book] can be purchased during the checkout stage when booking this course.
Requirements for Electrical Installations - City & Guilds (2382-15) 17th Edition
Who Should Attend?
Those who are wanting to work in, or currently working in environments requiring 17th Edition qualifications will need to complete the City & Guilds 2382-15. This qualification is primarily aimed at practising electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals e.g. surveyors, consultants and other trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of IEE Wiring Regulations.
To successfully develop an understanding of the 17th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- Scope, objective and fundamental principles - Who are the Regulations for and what are they meant to do
- Definitions - Explanation of the terminology used in the Regulations
- Assessment of general characteristics - Surveying the site and equipment to be installed
- Protection for safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
- Amendment 3 updates
- Past exam revision
- Delegates will require access to a copy of BS7671 during the assessment and the examination will be based upon this document only
- Delegates will need a non-programmable calculator [calculator app on smart phone not allowed]
IET wiring regulations book used during the exam can contain the following:
- Highlighting of text
- Bookmarks (eg blank post-it notes, post-it notes numbered to indicate chapters or corners of pages folded)
IET wiring regulations book cannot contain the following:
- Sample exam questions, answers or diagrams
- Any writing in the regulations or accompanying written notes
- Notes, diagrams or any content that may in anyway advantage the candidate in answering questions within the exam
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning