“Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one.”
Hans Selye – Canadian Scientist
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Stress is increasingly prevalent in modern society, with people feeling under pressure both at home and in their private lives. Stress can adversely affect our health, performance, careers, relationships and general wellbeing
People who attend this course often ask us:
- How can I feel less stressed at work?
- Sometimes I don’t feel in control of things, what can help?
- How can I manage my stress more effectively?
- How can I work more effectively under pressure?
- How can I improve my work-life balance?
We can all do things to control and manage our stress, helping us be happier, more productive and more balanced - and, of course, not all ‘stress’ is a bad thing – a degree of positive pressure helps drive us to improve our performance and achieve our goals.
This short course explores what stress is, as well as the difference between ‘good’ and ‘bad’ stress, identifying its signs and symptoms, impact and practical tools to help beat it.
This course is suitable for managers and employees who are, for example:
- experiencing stress
- working in a demanding environment
- going through change
- seeking to achieve a better work-life balance
It’s also a useful introduction for managers who want to understand how to reduce the stress of their reports.