“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.”
William James – American Psychologist and Philosopher
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This interactive workshop explores the impact of stress, its signs and symptoms, and the tools to manage it. It then further develops your ability to manage your stress through ways of developing your resilience.
People who attend this course often ask us:
- How can I feel less stressed at work?
- Sometimes I don’t feel in control of things, what can help?
- How can I manage my stress more effectively?
- How can I build my resilience?
- How can I work more effectively under pressure?
- How can I improve my work-life balance?
The morning of the course explores what stress is, as well as the difference between ‘good’ and ‘bad’ stress, identifying its signs and symptoms, impact and practical tools to help beat stress.
The afternoon explores seven ‘resilience factors’ and the tools required to develop these, as well as reviewing your individual resilience against those factors.
If you’re a manager, being more resilient can help you support your people more effectively, for example through change and when they come under pressure.
This course is suitable for managers and employees, for people when:
- experiencing stress
- working in a demanding environment
- going through change
- seeking to achieve a better work-life balance
It’s also a useful introduction for managers who want to understand how to reduce the stress, and increase the resilience, of their reports.