In a recent Ernst and Young Survey of 669 UK / European companies, 65% stated that the main business priority was ‘managing costs’; closely followed by (57%) ‘Improving financial controls’.
Managers today are increasingly expected to understand and manage the finances in their area and often participate in financial decisions such as business cases and budget reviews. However Finance, like most professions, has its own jargon and terminology together with some processes and principles which often seem at odds to how we would manage our personal finances. This makes it confusing for non-finance people to understand how finance operates within organisations and prevents them from engaging in financial discussions and activities.
Common concerns we hear from people who attend this course include:
- I don’t understand finance – how can I learn more?
- How can I learn to ‘speak finance’?
- How does money work in my organisation?
This one day, ‘Form’ level course is designed to de-mystify the world of finance and give you the basics you need to engage in the financial world of your organisation, gaining greater understanding of how finance works for your organisation, team, project or department.
The course includes the core elements of our two-day ‘Finance for Non-Finance Managers’ workshop and will introduce you to the essentials of organisational finance, its jargon and what you need to know to stay financially savvy.
All of our trainers are experts in their field and have many years’ experience in finance.
This Form-level course is aimed at anyone who wants to know more about how finance works in organisations, for example when:
- Managing projects
- Running a cost-centre
- Engaging in discussions with a finance department
- Reading financial documents
- If you need more comprehensive and in-depth training in finance, try our two-day ‘Finance for Non-Finance Managers’ course (MPDFNFM) or check out other courses in our finance portfolio.