Usability and persuasion techniques are proven to increase e-commerce conversion rates. From search and navigation through to product pages, shopping bag and checkout, this course will arm you with a wealth of insights that you can begin using on your own e-commerce customer experience.
Usability and Persuasion in E-commerce
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for e-commerce professionals working on both mid-level and enterprise scale operations, involving large ranges of products across multiple categories, who want to adopt and implement best practice usability principles across the shopping experience.
- Understand key usability & persuasion principles for search, navigation & browsing
- Understand key usability & persuasion principles for product page design
- Determine how shopping bag design can be improved to increase click-through to checkout
- Understand essential usability & persuasion techniques for delivering an intuitive, streamlined checkout process, for new and returning visitors
- Gain first hand, up-to-the-minute insights from blue chip retailers from both the course leader and industry peers taking part in the training
Introduction - challenges
- What are your key challenges?
- Industry insights and statistics
- Key principles which encourage visitors to buy
- The benefits & ROI of improving usability & persuasion in e-commerce
Search, Navigation & Browsing
- How can online shopping replicate and improve the offline experience?
- How can the search experience deliver an intuitive, engaging experience?
- How to present persuasive triggers through the browsing journey
- How to keep visitors in browsing and buying mode
- What are the most influential and persuasive elements to include on your product page?
- How to focus visitors attention on what is most important for them and you
- How to encourage visitors to buy more than they intended to
- Overview of designing for persuasion, emotion and trust
- Understanding the most influential persuasive techniques through the online journey
- Learn ways to emotionalise your proposition and empathise with visitors
- Understand the importance of trust and ways to build and maintain it through the online journey
- What is the objective of the shopping bag?
- How to remove friction and encourage checkout
- Introduce persuasive techniques to nudge visitors towards checkout
- Advanced techniques which provide a more intuitive experience
- Understand the most common and damaging causes of checkout abandonment
- Why to enclose checkout and how best to deliver this
- How to encourage more first time customers to become loyal account customers
- Why checkout form usability is crucial to the success of your site
- Why testing & optimisation are the next big thing
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning