Usability and persuasion techniques are proven to increase e-commerce conversion rates. From search and navigation through to product pages, shopping bag and checkout, this course will arm you with a wealth of insights that you can begin using on your own e-commerce customer experience.
Usability and Persuasion in E-commerce
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for e-commerce professionals working on both mid-level and enterprise scale operations, involving large ranges of products across multiple categories, who want to adopt and implement best practice usability principles across the shopping experience.
- Understand key usability & persuasion principles for search, navigation & browsing
- Understand key usability & persuasion principles for product page design
- Determine how shopping bag design can be improved to increase click-through to checkout
- Understand essential usability & persuasion techniques for delivering an intuitive, streamlined checkout process, for new and returning visitors
- Gain first hand, up-to-the-minute insights from blue chip retailers from both the course leader and industry peers taking part in the training
Introduction - challenges
- What are your key challenges?
- Industry insights and statistics
- Key principles which encourage visitors to buy
- The benefits & ROI of improving usability & persuasion in e-commerce
Search, Navigation & Browsing
- How can online shopping replicate and improve the offline experience?
- How can the search experience deliver an intuitive, engaging experience?
- How to present persuasive triggers through the browsing journey
- How to keep visitors in browsing and buying mode
- What are the most influential and persuasive elements to include on your product page?
- How to focus visitors attention on what is most important for them and you
- How to encourage visitors to buy more than they intended to
- Overview of designing for persuasion, emotion and trust
- Understanding the most influential persuasive techniques through the online journey
- Learn ways to emotionalise your proposition and empathise with visitors
- Understand the importance of trust and ways to build and maintain it through the online journey
- What is the objective of the shopping bag?
- How to remove friction and encourage checkout
- Introduce persuasive techniques to nudge visitors towards checkout
- Advanced techniques which provide a more intuitive experience
- Understand the most common and damaging causes of checkout abandonment
- Why to enclose checkout and how best to deliver this
- How to encourage more first time customers to become loyal account customers
- Why checkout form usability is crucial to the success of your site
- Why testing & optimisation are the next big thing
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
We have 2 courses available across 1 locations on 2 different dates
EastCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
London1 Location / 2 coursesView dates
MidlandsCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
NorthCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
ScotlandCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
SouthCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
Attend from AnywhereCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
All locations1 Location / 2 coursesView dates
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning