Designed for those who carry out manual handling at work, providing essential information about manual handling hazards and their control.
CIEH - Level 2 Award in Manual Handling - Principles and Practice
Who Should Attend
Anyone who may need to carry out any type of manual handling activity at work.
To provide the underlying knowledge required to minimise the risks associated with manual handling. Practical exercises provide the opportunity to apply the principles of safer handling.
- Manual handling hazards, risks and controls
- How manual handling operations can cause injury and harm
- The scope of legal requirements
- Location of manual handling guidance
- The process for assessing manual handling risks
- The value of risk assessment
- Applying safe manual handling practice
- Lifting loads from low levels
- Working at low levels
- Lowering from height
- Pushing, pulling and carrying loads
- Team handling
AM courses start at 09:00
PM courses start at 13:00
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0345 074 7998 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning