Course designed to enable operatives to use the Gotcha rescue kit in a variety of locations and to rescue a casualty who has fallen from a platform.
GOTCHA Kit Harness Rescue (MOD 5a)
It is a requirement to attend the Harness - Height Safety Equipment Appreciation and Inspection (MOD1) course prior to attending this course.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to use the rescue kit to recover casualties who are suspended from fall arrest lanyards, wire rope fall arrest blocks, or flexible line fall arresters.
- Understand the implications of being suspended in a harness and the importance of rescue provision when working at height.
- Have a basic understanding of the different approaches to rescue and how the rescue kit fits into a hierarchy of options, e.g. improvised planned and emergency services.
- Understanding the importance of personal safety whilst carrying out rescue.
- Post rescue care and handover to a first aider or the emergency services.
- Identification of the key components for the rescue kit, their strengths and limitations.
- The ability to assess the situation and select the appropriate recovery technique, i.e. anchor point selection and suitable points of safety harness attachment.
- Correctly fitting and adjustment of a fall arrest harness.
- Correct use of double and / or single fall arrest lanyards for personal safety whilst traversing and rescuing.
- The importance of casualty management and the application of temporary aids.
- Remote deployment of the rescue kit from a position of safety and attachment to an unconscious casualty.
- Use of the rescue kit to raise and lower an unconscious suspended casualty.
- Correct use of the equipment to gain a mechanical advantage when lifting the casualty.
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning