The aim of the course is to 'ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by people employed as line managers and enable them to review their systems for safety, introduce new controls or implementing changes as appropriate to make their workplace safer'.
IOSH Managing Safely
Who should attend?
This course is for Managers, Supervisors and staff responsible for managing health and safety effectively.
- Recognise the importance of managing health and safety
- Become aware of legal requirements
- Understand individual responsibilities
- Apply basic management principles and practices to safety and health issues as part of a total management strategy.
- Set achievable safety and health objectives and plan and implement courses of action to achieve those objectives.
- Recognise safety and health hazards present in the workplace.
- Carry out and record basic assessments of the risks associated with workplace hazards, and recommend suitable control measures.
- Appreciate the differences of active and reactive monitoring
- Ensure that adequate information, training and supervision is provided for employees.
- Human factors in relation to accidents
- Investigate accidents or incidents to determine the causes, identify trends and take appropriate actions.
- Understand the reporting requirements of certain accidents and incidents.
- Environmental considerations.
On successful completion of a 45 minute test & a workplace practical assessment, the delegate will receive an IOSH accredited certificate.
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Human Factors
- Assessing Risks
- Controlling Risks
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identify Hazards
- Investigating Accidents and Incidents
- Measuring Performance
- Protecting Environment
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning