A high risk confined space exists when there is a specified hazard that cannot be eliminated or controlled and work activity uses breathing apparatus.
Working in Confined Spaces - HIGH Risk
Who Should Attend
Those working within high risk confined spaces. The work environment will be entered using self-contained breathing apparatus and will involve non-standard entries involving complex operations which will introduce additional risk and require specific controls and arrangements.
- The Confined Spaces Regulations 1997
- Identification of risks and their control
- Workplace safety
- Weil's Disease and sewage decontamination
- Hazardous atmospheres and gas monitoring
- The risk assessment process
- Operation of safe systems of work
- Use of permit to work control measures
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Selection of suitable equipment
- IP ratings, intrinsically safe and ATEX approved
- Equipment pre-use inspection and safe operation
- Fall arrest systems
- Emergency procedures
- Self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) - theory
- Self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) - practical
- Oxygen Resuscitation and Breathing Apparatus Entry Control Officer (BAECO) procedures
- Theory test
- Practical training
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning