The Business Relationship Management Professional™ (BRMP™) training and qualification is intended for Business Relationship Managers.
Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) | BRM
Exam Preparation Aid(s)
There are no prerequisites for the BRMP™ training. Attending the ITIL Foundation in Service Management would benefit but it is not a pre-requisite.
Holders of the BRMI Business Relationship Management Professional™ qualification will be able to demonstrate:
- Understanding of the characteristics of the BRM role
- Understanding of what it means to perform as a trusted advisor, contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the provider's services
- Understanding of how Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques are used to maximize and realise business value
- Understanding of how Business Transition Management and the conditions for successful change programs that minimize 'value leakage'
- Understanding of how the BRM role in Service Management and how to align services and service levels with business needs
- Understand the importance of how to communicate effectively and persuasively
BRM Overview - Module 1
- Be able to explain the goals and objectives of the BRM role
- Understand why the BRM role is gaining importance and how it is evolving in response to business and provider forces
- Explain the concepts of Business Demand Maturity and Provider Supply Maturity and how these impact the BRM role
- Understand the drivers of relationship maturity and be able to differentiate between tactical and strategic BRM roles and how these relate to order taker, trusted consultant and strategic business partner
- Understand the operating model and how it relates to Business Relationship Management
Strategic Partnering - Module 2
- Understanding 'Demand Shaping' as a means to increase value realization from provider investments, service and assets
- Be able to use a Strategic Relationship Management process and techniques to strengthen business partner and provider relationships
- Understand how and where to engage in your business partner's decision cycle
- Co-develop, with your business partner, a Relationship Strategy-on-a-page as a mutual Relationship Contract
Business IQ - Module 3
- Understand the concepts of 'value leakage' and the BRMs role in minimizing this
- Understand the concepts of capability roadmaps and how these are derived from business strategy
- Understand the concepts of value management and how these link business strategy, provider strategy, portfolio and the business case to shape priorities, communicate and drive business value
- Be able to use business outcomes to clarify strategic initiatives, manage scope and determine value metrics
Portfolio Management - Module 4
- Understand how portfolio management is the central mechanism for a value management process
- Understand how to apply portfolio management to the entire life cycle of provider investments, from managing new investments, optimizing existing investments and retiring old investments
- Understand the relationships between project, program and portfolio management and how these work together to optimize business value.
- Be familiar with two common portfolio asset classification schemes and how they are applied to achieve portfolio balancing.
- Understand how governance processes and structures are used in support of portfolio management.
Business Transition Management - Module 5
- Understand what is meant by business transition management, why it is important to BRM, and the components of a business transition capability model
- Understand how to create urgency for stakeholders
- Understand the key roles to be orchestrated for successful business transition
- Understand key change leadership concepts
- Understand the importance of clarifying the change details and typical methods for achieving clarity
- Understand how the Cliff Analogy illustrates all key factors in managing a transition
Provider Domain - Module 6
- Understand the value-centric definition of a service
- Understand the important distinctions between Products and Services and the implications for the BRM
- Understand the different aspects of service value and how service provider constraints impact the role of the BRM
Powerful Communications - Module 7
- Understand the components of 'powerful communications.'
- Understand how to influence those over whom they do not have direct control.
- Be able to express themselves through a unique value proposition.
There is a 40 minute, 50 question, multiple choice, closed book exam associated with this qualification. The pass mark for this exam is 50% (25 out of 50).
Receive classroom training at one of our nationwide training centres, or attend remotely via web access from anywhere.
Find dates and prices
We have 22 courses available across 5 locations on 14 different dates
EastCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
London2 Locations / 9 coursesView dates
MidlandsCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
North1 Location / 4 coursesView dates
ScotlandCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
South1 Location / 1 courseView dates
Attend from AnywhereQA Extended ClassroomView dates
All locations5 Locations / 22 coursesView dates
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning