QA is proud to be the UK official partner with Offensive Security.
Announcement from Offensive Security: 13th Aug 2020
As part of long-running and ongoing work to update, advance, and improve the quality and depth of course offerings at Offensive Security, we will be retiring Cracking the Perimeter (CTP) in 2020.
- October 15, 2020 will be the last day students may register for CTP.
- Students who hold an OSCE will continue to be OSCEs – we are not taking away your certification or requiring you to recertify.
- Two new courses will be released over the end of 2020 and the beginning of 2021, each with their own certifications.
- These two certs, plus the OSWE certification gained from Advanced Web Attacks and Exploitation, will comprise a new, updated OSCE certification.
Our goal in announcing these upcoming changes is to provide sufficient time for potential students to make informed choices about their options. Anyone who would like to take the original CTP course will need to purchase it before October 15, 2020. Anyone who purchases it will be eligible to take the certification exam and earn the legacy OSCE certification. There will be no changes to the current OSCE certification exam as a result of this announcement.
Please continue reading on the Offensive Security website here, for the full details on why this course is retiring and what we’re working on to replace it, and what you can expect in the coming months.
Cracking the Perimeter (CTP) is the next step for penetration testers who have completed PWK. This online, self-paced ethical hacking course is among the most challenging available.
This is the 60 day access product, www.qa.com/qaosce30 is the 30 day access product.
CTP teaches exploit development. Students learn how to identify advanced vulnerabilities and misconfigurations in various operating systems, then execute organized attacks.
This course is designed for experienced penetration testers and seasoned, hardcore security professionals. To register, you will need to complete a skills test.
- Materials include:
- 3.5 hours of video
- 145-page course guide
- Access to virtual lab environment
- Active student forums
- Course includes a 48-hour exam