Performance issues based on personal relationships and
team dynamics take huge amounts of resource to solve. It drains
managers' time as well as decreasing motivation.
The key to understanding people and conflict is to first
understand yourself. This programme explores your preferences
for communication when things are going well and when the going get
tough. We will help you to identify how other people react
under pressure and how you can communicate effectively with them to
create positive outcomes. By using a tool called SDI you will
uncover the means to understand your relationships and how to react
with others in conflict situations.
By the end of the event, the delegates will have
- Define why some people are so easy (or challenging) to get
- Identify what motivates you and others so that you can plan
- Recognise and deal with conflict styles that are different to
- Have an insight into how you and others prefer to work
- Recognise how you may be seen by others
- See others' intent not just their behaviour
What the course will cover:
- Introduction to the SDI (Strength Deployment Inventory)
- Understand your own motivations when things are going well and
recognise how they may differ to others and what implication this
may have on your relationship. Compare differences in the way
we behave which relate to our motivations.
- Understand how our motivations may change when things are not
going well and recognise how you might see conflict styles in
yourself and others and how behaviours may change.
All courses are delivered onsite by a training team with experience of working in over 50 NHS Trusts, and provide key professional development skills contextualised to fit an NHS environment.