21 January 2014
Ron Edwards, Head Of Virtual Online Learning at QA will be speaking at the Learning Technologies 2014 exhibition on Wednesday 29th January, highlighting the evolution of blended learning into new areas of technology.
Beyond the blend
Wednesday 29th January 2014
11:00 - 11:30 Theatre 5
Blended learning used to mean the initial eLearning people were encouraged to do before attending classroom training. Learn how the market is moving beyond this early model to better enable engagement throughout learning journeys. Observed best practices now include:
- Rich multimedia with animation or video to engage hearts and minds prior to receiving learning resources
- Effective eLearning which engages people to think about the subject area more deeply prior to attending and understand core concepts
- The use of multimedia in the classroom or virtual classroom for engaging case studies
- Enabling remote colleagues to join in physical classrooms virtually and participate in discussions
- Effective capture of live training to use as performance support (and initial learning for the next cohort)
- Performance support enabling answers within two clicks when trying to apply what they've learned on the job
- Reinforcing Key Learning with summary points sent during and after learning programmes
Learning Technologies 2014
Now in its 15th year, Learning Technologies is Europe's leading showcase of technology supported workplace learning. It takes place on January 29-30 2014 at Olympia 2 in London.
With more than 140 free seminars , over 230 exhibitors , two halls packed with the latest learning technologies, innovation and best practice and Europe's leading L&D conference , it provides a unique and exciting environment for all those involved in workplace learning.
You can find more details of the exhibition and register to attend at the Learning Technologies website .